Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had sex intercourse and had the pill my period…

Customer Question
Hello! I recently had...

Hello! I recently had sex intercourse and had the pill my period came normally but deep red brown jelly like period on my second day. Why would that be? Also the first day, I had really painful cramps Something not so normal

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes, but haven't being checking recently

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. That's It, actually

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Any chance of an STI?

Thank you Dr. Phil. I'd really like to know your answer on this. In 23 years old and haven't told my parents that I'm sexually active. About the matter explained earlier, I took a pregnancy test 2 days prior my period and it got negative results. Maybe the more painful cramps are because of the the day after pill?

yes, it is definitely related to the day after pill

I didn't understand your question

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Another thing, after I took the day after pill I've been feeling kind of light headed... that was around 5 days. Is It a side effect of it?The first question about my period, really deep red clots on my second day with a jelly look. What would be the reason of this? Is it also another side effect of the day after pill?

Yes, those are both side effects

the pill changes the discharge of the uterus

How long does this light headed feeling normally lasts?
Hello? That was the last question, actually

usually 3-4 days

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply