Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have had pain in my right chest area. (where my breast is)

Customer Question
I have had pain...

I have had pain in my right chest area. (where my breast is) for a couple weeks. I did go in and get a chest xray and they said it was clear. They gave me muscle relax med and it's doing nothing. Could this be a blood clot? I have pain and it's very tender. Hurts all day and night. What should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

No never had before and it hurts to take deep breath's in

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I did have phenomena on July 4th and that is why I went back on 7/28 to make sure my lungs were clear - which the xray did show.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

is the pain in the muscle area or closer to the skin?

sorry about your prior pneumonia.

do you smoke?

have you been doing any exercise, heavy lifting which can strain muscles

how intense is this pain in the right chest area?

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? bad anxiety can cause chest pains.

57
Muscle
Don't smoke
No anxiety
No to exercise
When I went to dr they did a ekg and chest X-ray. Both were find

that is good.

how intense is this pain in the right chest area? on a scale from 0-10?

do you have it all the time, or it comes and goes?

Pain is here all the time
I would say 7-8 level

that is pretty intense.

have you tried any ibuprofen or aleve?

sometimes you can get an inflammation of your ribs or cartilage with a condition called costochondritis.

this can be very painful, sometimes feel like a heart attack

the good news its that costochondritis inflammation of the cartilage and ribs do respond well to NSAID non steroidal anti-inflammatory treatments like ibuprofen and aleve

Ok. Thank you

you are welcome

make sure you take the iburprofen with food in your stomach

you can try 200-600mg of ibuprofen every 6-8 hours after meals and with plenty of water and see if this helps your rib pains.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician