Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 20 weeks pregnant and we have been redecorating our…

Customer Question
Hello, i am 20...

Hello, i am 20 weeks pregnant and we have been redecorating our living room. the moldings were spray painted (outside), however the room still smells like fumes. is this harmful to my pregnancy. i avoid the room at all costs and we have windows and fans on however the room sill smells like paint. The spray paint was oil based

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello! My name is*****

Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Thanks

Well, any small risk from paint fumes to your baby would be greatest during your first trimester (weeks 0-13).

As you are already 20 weeks pregnant, So i would not be worried.

The risk is before 13 weeks time.

Good to hear that you avoid room and windows and fans are on.

Please be relaxed. You and your baby should be pretty safe.

No need to panic at all.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh