Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My wife first had swelliNg of the left eyebrow and eyelid,

Customer Question
then on the side of...
My wife first had swelliNg of the left eyebrow and eyelid, then on the side of the nose, mouth " distorsion on the right side that feels like novocaine, sharper hearing on left side, dizziness when leaning down
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: All this was preceeded with a inflammation over the left breast, with was mistakingly treated with anti- inflammatory, happened some three weeks ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Diabetese 2' somewhat controlled with toujeo solostar 66 mg, methaforman
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Sorry to hear about your wife's symptoms.
Are these symptoms worsening further?
Any change in her speech?
Any arm or leg weakness on right side?
Based on her symptoms and history of long standing diabetes, the possibility of stroke in the brain affecting brainstem should be considered.
Next possibility can be onset of Bell's palsy. This condition can be caused by the recent viral infection as well.
Often times, the cause is unknown for Bell's palsy.
Bell's palsy is due to the involvement of the peripheral part of the facial nerve outside the brain commonly near the auditory canal.
The symptoms of Bell's palsy tends to improve gradually with physical therapy over time.
She should get a neurologist consultation and also a brain MRI scan first.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-basu/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist