Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I took my blood pressure and its 142/100 should i go to the

Customer Question
hi i took my blood...
hi i took my blood pressure and its 142/100 should i go to the er?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?
Customer: no just nervous. and idk it happened last week also. and it went all the way up to 215 over something but i checked it last week again after about 1 hr and it was 135/99
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no not really
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
I don't take any medication for High Blood Pressure or anything.
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

The blood pressure level of 142/100 does not require going to ER. But any further rise beyond 150/110 require medical attention.

Following measures in long term would help you;

a) Patients with the hypertension do need to restrict table salt which is considered as a prime regulator of the blood pressure. It is advised to reduce sodium intake to no more than 2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride per day. It is also advised that adequate intake of dietary potassium (approximately 90 mmol/d), helps in reducing the blood pressure.

b) Following dietary and nutrition measure are strongly recommended to bring down the blood pressure;

A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products may lower blood pressure by 10-16 mm Hg.
Oral potassium supplement may lower both systolic and diastolic pressure. Calcium and magnesium supplements, too, decrease the in blood pressure.
Low alcohol consumption lowers the blood pressure.
Stop smoking, if you do and reducing intake of dietary saturated fat and cholesterol benefits tremendously in overall cardiovascular health.
Following reduce and regulate the blood pressure:

1) Garlic

2) Fish oil

3) Herb Hawthorn

4) Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor