Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What does having a 11 mm round T2 hyperintense lesion at the

Customer Question
inferior margin of the T11/12...
what does having a 11 mm round T2 hyperintense lesion at the inferior margin of the T11/12 facet joint mean?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Sore back
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Over 2 years. The pain subsidises with pain killers
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been diagnosed with a bulging disk on L5/S1
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Facet joint synovial cyst is one of the possibility. The other possibilities are;

Hemangioma

Lipoma.

A gadolinium contrast may be given for the confirmation.

All of these are non cancerous.

If the symptoms like pain is severe in intensity; this may need surgery. Otherwise physical therapy may be recommended.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor