Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I seem to be experiencing a variety of symptoms that seem to

Customer Question

I seem to be experiencing a variety of symptoms that seem to be unrelated. I have some pain/ discomfort under my sternum. My resting heart rare seems fast. My feet are cold and I have an insatiable desire to chew on ice. I am a non sleeper. I generally fall asleep after 3 am. 1-2 nights per week, I don't sleep at all. Since Jan., I feel like my immune system is compromised. A lot of allergies, persistent cough, and upper respiratory stuff. I usually just don't feel well.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I went to Florida over Christmas las year. The day after I got home, I started to have a bad cough for about 2 weeks. Same thing happened in March. I went to South Carolina. On our drive back, I was coughing, filled up sinuses, typical URI sx. We just got back from an Alaska Cruise, on July 9th, same thing, I got a bad cough, sinus congestion, head fogginess. I also had bad allergies in my eyes that made my eyelids crusty and thin. I have Rx eye drops that really helped clear that up. I still use them 1-2 times per week.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: 2008 and 2009 were bad years for me. I had an episode of SVT that lasted about 45 minutes. My heart rate was over 240 beats per minute. The ambulance was called and they gave me an injection that stopped and restarted my heart. I did have a catheter ablation in Nov. 2008 and then a week later, I had multiple blood clots in both of my lungs. I was put on warfarin and developed a bleeding disorder. I bled heavily for 2 months, passing silver dollar sized clots. I had an emergency DNC and blood trans fusion and Depo shot, but began bleeding again, 3 days later. I ended up having a hysterectomy. It was supposed to be laparoscopic, but when they began to cut, I started bleeding profusely. I lost 1500 cc of blood. I ended up with a blood clot in my abdomen the size of a medium potato and bled for 3 weeks after my surgery. Since then, I have had a severed glenoid labrum repaired and gall bladder removed. I only stayed on warfarin for 6 months.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age?

What are the investigations done for your present symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never mind, I will address with my PCP
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I asked last night to cancel this I do not want any more charges on my credit card I am not interested in a membership