Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I think I may have genital herpes last Friday I was at the…

Customer Question
I think I may...

I think I may have genital herpes last Friday I was at the beach and I noticed some swelling on the head of my penis. 9 days Pryor to that I was at a strip lab and got a lap dance my pants where on the entire time and she was clothed as well. The swelling started Friday afternoon and was completely gone by Monday morning.i have also been having some stinging in my back.what should I do

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No no problems

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

swelling of the head of the penis is not enough to call it herpes.

herpes causes painful sores and ulcers on your genitals.

the lap dance would not have put you at risks for herpes.

you can always see a doctor and get blood tests for herpes antibodies in your system to know for sure if you have it.

let me know if you have questions.

the lap dance was two weeks ago and I don't have anything on my genitals. I read that if there is precume from the man will she is on top of you and she has vaginal discharge you can get it that way.

no, you can't get herpes that way.

and you had clothing on so there is no skin contact.

you don't have to worry about herpes.