DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I need to get female hormones Medroxyprogesterone 2.5 mg and

Customer Question

I need to get female hormones Medroxyprogesterone 2.5 mg and Estradiol
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

We answer questions.

I am not sure what your question is for us?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a doctor or medical insurance right now was taking Medroxyprogesterone 2.5 mg (for Provera) and Estradiol .5 mg (for Estrace) I need to know how I can get a prescription and get these refilled.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

That would not be here.

Sorry for the confusion

You have so actually see a doctor to get prescriptions.

Actually there are several possibilities you might try, would you like to continue? I will give you that information.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

OK

1. Call the health department and ask for a list of neighborhood clinics. These are no sliding scale.

2. Find a teaching hospital medical clinic and enroll. These are also on sliding scale.

3. Most telemedicine on line medicine sites will give you one refill while you are looking for a doctor. They will not typically refill that other than every 6 months to a year, but will give you 30 days of medicine if you are enrolled in their program on their site. cost is generally minimal.

Here is a link of sites:

https://telemedicine.healthcaretechoutlook.com/vendors/most-promising-telemedicine-solution-providers-2017.html

Here is another

http://www.healthline.com/health/best-telemedicine-companies#7

In some cases you can sign up and have a consult within an hour.

OK

Hope this helps in your quest.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.