Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have very bad right leg pain and numbness and I found a…

Customer Question
I have very bad...

I have very bad right leg pain and numbness and I found a small dime size lump in the crease of my right hip

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Minimal swelling but it is present. Any weight bearing or sitting for extended time amoplifys it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

DVT in the right femoral vein 2 years ago. Did one year of xralto

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/1/2017
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Prior DVT can cause a bump at the area of femoral vein from fibrosis.
However this can also be another blood clot.
Do you have any pain when you press on the area?

Severe pain when pressed. To the point of making me nauseous

Ok
Are you able to upload a picture here?
This can be a scar tissue formation pressing on the nerve as well.
But given your history of blood clot, you should see your doctor soon for a doppler venous ultrasound.
If it is scar tissue related pain, then intra lesional steroid injection will often help.
Best wishes