Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

What could cause symptoms of itching and biting with no

Customer Question

What could cause symptoms of itching and biting with no rash?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. I have tried Zyrtec and hydroxyzine; cortisone 10 and Benadryl. My thyroid doctor said the topical creams will not help since there is no rash. He seemed to think it was coming from inside.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I am not diabetic; am allergic to penicillin and sulfa; take Pravastatin for cholesterol; 81 mg aspirin; vitamin D.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Am allergic to penicillin and sulfa; take Pravastatin; 81 mg aspirin, Vitamin D.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. A problem with your liver could cause itching over your entire body without any rash. The itching is caused by excess bile leakage in your system. May I suggest you have your gallbladder/liver tested for elevation in blood chemistries related to these two organs. Dry skin can also cause generalized itching and a moisturizer will cure this.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you