Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I had surgery on my upper jaw and sinus which was due to a

Customer Question
Hello,I had surgery on my...
Hello,I had surgery on my upper jaw and sinus which was due to a complication following an accident last year. They had to remove 4 of my upper teeth and do a bone graft and sinus lift.
I am getting better and taking less antibiotics but still finishing them.
For the past 4 days I have been having hot flashes and sweating and clammy. I am 52 years old. But these hot flashes nausea and sweating is every 20 mins. it I sit I am ok. But even the littlest activity makes me feel like I need to sit down and I am sweating. I feel like I would when I have a fever. But I've taken my temp. 4 or 5 times. It has been between 97 degrees and 97.4
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
8/1/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Could you please tell me your gender?

female

How are your periods?

I had a hysterectomy at 50. uterus crevices Fallopian tubes. left my ovaries. the reason I do not think how I am feeling is menopause relaled is because it is e very 15- 20 minutes since Sat.
the nausea and the 97 temp
I had bloodworm done not too long ago and I take progesterone. I was bleaching my deck and stripping furniture non stop. Could I have some toxic chemical reaction?
blood work not worm

Okay so these hot flushes,sweating and exhaustion are typically seen in perimenopausal period or after menopause.

The reason for these symptoms is a decline in estrogen levels.These symptoms can be very frequent.

The other less likely cause could be derangement in thyroid hormone levels,which can also cause hot flushes elevated temperature.

In certain bacterial infections the temperature spikes and when it comes down there is sweating.

I felt constipated ( I think due to lack of activity while recuperating ). So I thought it was that. But I drank Senna tea and took an epsom salt bath. Im back on track in that regard but still not well
As I men toned. I do not hav e a fever. and as I mentioned, I have a low temp not a normal 98.6. and also, it's been non stop for 3 days. not like every hour or so. but every 30 mins easily.

I doubt any toxic chemical reaction because in that case you would be having cough,irritation of eyes and other related signs/symptoms.

OK. So- since I asked initially- ruling out menopause and no fever and I have been on antibiotics and infection was removed 2 weeks ago and symptoms have been 3 days.Could you kindly review what I have said and give me something else to go on. So far- you had e not told me anything I do not know and the answers have not been related to the info I have given you.

These symptoms are not due to an infection,you did not provide the entire details at first

This is menopause related in my opinion.

There is no other explanation for hot flushes and sweating

what kind of dr are you?

If you are not satisfied I will opt out and leave this question for another expert.

Thank you

Family Physician, Doctor