Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a blood vessel on my left temple that is enlarged.

Customer Question
I have a blood...

I have a blood vessel on my left temple that is enlarged. Anything to be concerned about?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I have high blood pressure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have this enlarged vessel. most likely it is a vein

how old are you?

is the area tender?

hot weather, more salt intake can cause veins to swell up in the temple area

usually it is not a worry.

if the area is not painful, that is good