Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I broke a piece of bone on my Tibia so I have been wearing a…

Customer Question
I broke a piece...

I broke a piece of bone on my Tibia so I have been wearing a brace but I have say like broken blood vessal on the side were the broken bone is. could I be wearing the brace too much or too tight to cause this.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Dad had congestive heart failure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Could you please post a picture.

When did the tibia injury occur?

May 28th 2017 its on the left side of my knee. I dont know how to send a picture to you

What is your age?

Are you on any medicines?

Can you describe the area of concern; is there swelling, redness, pain, tenderness, warmth? Is it like a bruise?

You may post photo as following;

1. Click the paperclip icon
2. Click the Browse icon
3. Click the Browse button
4. Select your file and click Open
5. Click OK
6. Click Insert
7. Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

http://screencast.com/t/eHsvtij7WT

pesrictipion like naproxin 500 ml. There is swelling but the bruising is like broken blood vessals
I am 59 years old. I bumped into a corner of a wooden coffee table and thats what cause the bone to brake

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

It could be due to pressure caused by brace. The broken blood vessel can also be due to;

1) Naproxen.

2) Soft tissue injury associated with tibia injury.

Ecchymoses (bruise) usually develop with or without noticeable trauma and do not spread into deeper tissues. This can occur due to the structural abnormalities of the small blood vessels called as capillaries, which break even with the slightest of the injury. This can also occur due to the age, scurvy, steroid-induced purpura, small vessel vasculitis, and purpura associated with the presence of paraproteins. Aspirin and other anti inflammatory medications may also be responsible which can increase the bleeding time.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.