DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I had a tick bite the other day and when I removed it with a

Customer Question

Hi, I had a tick bite the other day and when I removed it with a tweezers, some of the tick stayed attached. I am now afraid of any disease/ infection
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, and I am on Ritalin, escitalopram and medoxyprogesterone
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything in there now?

Was it removed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe it is gone, fully.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

So why are you worried about infection?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Some of it was left in there about 2 days ago, but I am just worried about lyme disease
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

First of all, you would not typically see a lyme tick.

Secondly, a tick would have to feed for about 36 hours, on average, to infect you.

Debris would not do it, and if there is no local infection, then that complication is not going on either.

If you have no rash or other symptoms, then you are not manifesting lyme.

Of course, you need to visit your doctor, not the internet, to be sure, but I think your risk is very low.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.