Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain that runs from the right groin across to the…

Customer Question
I have pain that...

I have pain that runs from the right groin across to the middle of upper leg. I have been to an orthopedics, had therapy twice, had a steroid shot,, and a

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No. I go to silver sneakers and do fairly well. Some days the pain seems worse. If I take Aleve it seems to help some. Can't take this always though.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No broken bones and last check-up was good. Had ovarian cancer in 2006, but didn't have to take any treatments and all check-ups have been good. Just went in April. My pain started in the fall of last year and has not gotten any better.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What is the orthopedic diagnosis? What are they injecting?

What is your question about this situation?

The orthopedic doctor had no diagnosis. He said he was puzzled and kept trying things. All I know is they gave me a cortisone shot and steroid shot.
My question is who should I see next to help me with this pain that runs from groin area to middle of upper leg. It is enabling me from my walking each day as it hurts to walk for any distance. Your help is welcome.

Have you had an MRI of the lower spine.

And of the hip on that side?

They found some arthritis, but nothing major. Dr said he was puzzled and keeps trying things. Do you have any recommendations or a certain type of dr I should see. I want to be able to get back to my walking. Thank you for any suggestions!

Yes.

MD of physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Often Orthopedists do not have the full array of manual medicine to help, and physical therapy as well as other modalities are the mainstay of this.

Hip arthritis usually refers pain to the groin.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.