Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I will get straight to the point. I have approximately 15…

Customer Question
Good evening. I...

Good evening. I will get straight to the point. I have approximately 15 pounds of stomach that I would have removed via coolsculpting. I weigh approx. 230 lbs and am 5"7 in height. Am I a good candidate for this procedure. If not, are there any other effective methods you can recommend. Thanking you on advance for your time.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

This has been bothering me for at least 7 years. I am not experiencing any nausea or vomiting.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol. Both issues are controlled with medication.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Actually you are a good candidate for cryolipolysis or coolsculpting PROVIDED you are willing to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle after the procedure. Coolsculpting works best in those patients who adopt a good lifestyle in terms of diet, exercise and acitivity and its results are best seen in these patients. if you dont adopt a relatively physical lifestyle in which you dont exercise regularly or you dont cut back on caloric intake then this procedure is not for you. Studies have shown that its best results are seen in active people. But if you are already undergoing a good exercise regimen and have cut down on your caloric intake then this procedure would be the ideal option for you. Studies have shown that it works best in reducing abdominal and flank fat and gives patient are better body contour. It wont dramatically reduce your abdominal fat but will reduce it to an extent that you regain your body's shape.

Now if you cant exercise for whatever reason then you would be better off looking at other procedures and the simplest and safest procedure in that regard would be liposuction which has years iof studies and trials behind it however it would be an invasive procedure.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/