Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

My poor nose has been so sore! At night when I'm sleeping.

Customer Question

My poor nose has been so sore!
JA: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?
Customer: At night when I'm sleeping. It sounds gross but I have really hard thick compacted boogers and it's so painful to remove them
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope. I'm healthy. Dust allergies but that's it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 2 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Apparently you have some discharge from the sinuses which hardens into boogers at night.Applying olive oil/moisturiser in the nose at night before sleeping,adequate hydration will help prevent the formation of boogers.Use of decongestant nasal drops will also help.You can discuss this with your PCP/Doctor ,who can investigate you by getting X-rys of the sinuses and refering you to an ENT specialist who can do aFibreoptic EndoScopic Sinus examination (FESS) to determine if the re is infecive or allergic inflammation of the sinus leading to drainage.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What type of decongestant nasal drops?

Mucinex/Afrin nasal drops not to be used for more than 3 days at a stretch,to be used intermittemntly before applying the olive oil/moisturiser.