Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have had a stomach bug the past 24 hours. Went to the ER

Customer Question

I have had a stomach bug the past 24 hours. Went to the ER last night it was so painful. And they diagnosed me with Gastroenteritis. But now I am having a tightening feeling in my chest that is going into my throat. Can that be related? I haven't eaten anything all day. Just had some water because I still felt so nauseous.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: I was yesterday and have had diarrhea cramping and nausea today. But haven't thrown up since about 5:00 this morning
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,such nausea,tightening sensation in chest are associated with gastroenteritis and gastroesophageal acid reflx.

So you should take OTC Liquid Emetrol/Gaviscon 2-3 times a day.

Start hydrate yourself with Gatorade.

Take metamucil and probiotic.

Gradually start a bland diet.

Eat banana,toast,rice,apple sauce,yogurt.

In case you develop persistent vomiting then see your doctor again.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.