Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About a year ago I was on a cruise and almost slept with…

Customer Question
Hi. About a year...

Hi. About a year ago I was on a cruise and almost slept with this guy but I didn't we did touch areas down there and since then I have had blood work done twice not for any sexual diseases but for other stuff and the blood work came back clean and with no signs of infection but I'll get on these kicks where I am worried about it and just wanted a second opinion my doctor thinks I'm fine and I have been in a long term relation since then but I'm just worried

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Perfectly fine. I have IBS but haven't had to many attacks lately

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope everything else is fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
8/1/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Most sexually transmissible infections cannot be transmitted by rubbing genitals on one another. The germs that cannot be transmitted by such an encounter includes HIV, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. These germs require some amount of penetration for transmission of the germs.

There are a couple of sexually transmissible germs that can be transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, such as genital herpes and HPV (genital warts). However, if you have not developed any genital sores or warts, then there is no reason for concern about these two germs.

So, if you have not had any sores or warts, your doctor is correct that you are fine. There is no reason for you to be concerned about this encounter.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

This was about a year ago now. What the timeline that stuff appears? And also because the other blood work taken for other tests besides those came back clean with no signs of infection is that also good?

When genital herpes sores develop, they usually develop about 3-7 days after the exposure, although it can be up to 3 weeks. When genital warts develop, they usually develop about 2-3 months after exposure, although it can be as long as 6-8 months.

Other blood work would not have any abnormality in someone with either genital herpes or genital warts. There is a specific test for the herpes virus, but any other blood work would be normal. So, these other blood tests that were normal does not mean anything. The absence of sores or warts is what is significant.

Okay. Thank you. And in your opinion given the time and because I have no abnormalities in that area I am okay?

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

If we are done, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor