Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My liver enzymes are AST 79 and ALT 52 and my triglycerides…

Customer Question
My liver enzymes are...

My liver enzymes are AST 79 and ALT 52 and my triglycerides are 705 ! My PCP prescribed Lopid 600mg BID in May of this year. I do consume alcohol, My Mom Passed away On New Years day this year and I am not Handling it well, I have been drinking 3-4 glasses of wine daily. I notice this morning I have red blotches on my arms today and I am itching, am I in trouble ?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

I had my gallblader removed in 2015 and I have not felt good since then. sometimes I have bouts where I vomit Bile. My GI doctor said sometimes it takes patients a few years for your body to adjust. I also have dumping syndrome at times but it has gotten better over time. the red blotches on my skin appeared about 2 weeks ago. I am 58 years old. I am in the medical field and I know better but I have been under a great deal of stress which I know can cause my cortisol to come into play. I was told to have my labs checked again.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I suffer from depression, but my doctor is aware of this

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/31/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Red blotches on arm that itch could be due to some allergic reaction.

If there is retention of bile in biliary tract or if there is any obstruction to bile flow, that can lead to generalized itching all over the body,But I doubt it.

You should take over the counter antihistamine pill to relieve this itching.

Can you attach a picture of the blotches here?