Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 12 yr old son told me that he is having pain in both

Customer Question
My 12 yr old...

My 12 yr old son told me that he is having pain in both arms, he got immunizations in both last Wednesday, and he's having pain on his left side. He said it feel like a stretching or pulling when he lifts his arms or makes a sudden move..any idea what that could be?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling...and he's continuing with normal activities but he's aware of the discomfort

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has Asthma & Sickle Cell Trait

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 9 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Do you notice any bruise over his arms?

no bruising

ok

Does the pain radiate from the arm to the fingers?

no, it does not

Ok thanks for your replies.
The injections can cause inflammation of the muscles and the pain can last for a while.
There may also be inflammation of the nerve supplying the muscle ( axillary nerve ).
This can also take some time to recover from.
As long as there is no bruising or swelling, there is no infection or blood clot related problem.
Application of ice and also tylenol over the counter as needed should help with the pain.
Best wishes

thank you!

Very welcome

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-basu/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist