Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a paper type substance in my stool. I've noticed it…

Customer Question
I have a paper...

I have a paper type substance in my stool. I've noticed it for a few weeks but actually believe it may have been going on longer than that.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Loss of appetite, stomach discomfort and pain, opening my bowels much more regularly and the smell has gotten very foul sort of like sulphur. I'm exhausted all the time and feel very drained.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

I am feelin sick a lot when I eat now and I've been feeling like this for over a month but I've only notice the paper type substance for the past few weeks.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have IBS and bile malabsorption I think it's called. I also no longer have a gallbladder.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Doctor: DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor replied 11 months ago
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you ?

Any blood or mucous in stool ?

Regards

I'm 29 and no blood or mucus this time round but my stool this morning was almost entirely I digested food but this paper type substance only generally appears in stool that appears normal. I've also noticed tiny black specs in my stool too.

Do you have a stool analysis ?

Regards

No when I went to the doctors she sat there and said she had no idea what it was and that was that. She gave me a blood test to have to check if I'm digesting my food to check my calprotectin but I already know I'm not digesting my food with how much stool looked this morning. This paper type substance is most definitely not anything I'm eating. None of the food I eat could look like this.

Thanks for information

You need a stool analysis

This could be a mucus thread or a worm

A stool analysis to confirm what exactly it is should be done

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you require any further clarification

If you are satisfied then do leave a POSITIVE RATING (preferably 5 stars) so that I may be credited for my work

Regards

Do you have any more question

If done please leave a POSITIVE RATING so that i may be credited

Regards