Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have horrible taste in my mouth I believe I have an

Customer Question
impacted wisdom tooth JA: Do you...
I have horrible taste in my mouth I believe I have an impacted wisdom tooth
JA: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?
Customer: Only little discomfort if I touch it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm currently on amoxicil
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
7/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, an infected or impacted tooth can cause bacteria in the gums and decay of your gum tissue which can cause bad odor and bad breath

you have to see a dentist about this and maybe get that tooth extracted

you should gargle and swish with salt water as much as you can to kill infection and bacteria in your mouth.

when can you get in to see a dentist?

Maybe not till tomorrow afternoon I'm taking amoxicillin will this kill the infection

amoxicillin can help keep the infection in control and can prevent spread of infection into your blood stream

but the tooth and source of infection has to be removed to solved the problem and pain

take the amoxicillin with food in your stomach and also take a probiotic pill and eat some yogurt to prevent diarrhea from the antibiotic.

keep rinsing with salt water 6-8 times a day if you can.

that is good you are seeing a dentist tomorrow

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

How can I manage the taste of pus in the mean time?

you need to rinse and gargle a lot with salt water to fight the bacteria and pus in the mouth.

you can use 1pint of water and 1tsp of salt, sugar and baking soda in the water

you can add more salt in it if you want to as well.

and rinse frequently.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician