Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I take 20 mg of buspar a day is it ok to start taking Zoloft…

Customer Question
I take 20 mg...

I take 20 mg of buspar a day is it ok to start taking Zoloft with it.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

That's all I take a day once in a while ill take a klonopin if the attack is bad im only allergic to paxil

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Slight depression from the anixety

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

You should avoid this combination since both serotonin levels and can rarely cause a serious condition called the serotonin syndrome. This is a severe interaction and using both these medications together should, therefore, be avoided.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Thank you.

Dear customer,
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you.