Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have an open wound on my left inner elbow, I want to know…

Customer Question
I have an open wound...
I have an open wound on my left inner elbow, I want to know if it is infected and if I need to go to the Dr in person or hospital. I xan send pictures.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Please send the pictures.

I am a current IVDU this happened just a little over a week ago with it looking like this starting yesterday morning. Pictures are from 7/27 up to today... Do you have an email I could send them to? I can't attach pictures on here from my phone.

The mail may take long time as you need to send it to moderators and they send us. We cannot communicate to your privately.

Or you need to subscribe to premium service which has additional charge.

You can also post on file sharing sites.

http://imgur.com/

http://peapull.com

Here is the link to the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/berUp

This is mildly infected.

Clean it with Betadine solution thrice a day for a day or two and see if this clears up and heals.

If not, you need a course of antibiotic.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.