Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My nephew has just died at the age of 28. His symptoms were

Customer Question

My nephew has just died at the age of 28. His symptoms were Heart valve deteareation, kidney failure, liver failure internal bleeding of the stomach and intestines. He fought for over a week before passing. Was he poisoned? I Belive this could be a homicide case.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I'm fine.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None I know of.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your nephew. Actually these problems can develop in a multitude of medical conditions as these kind of organ failures can occur in various advanced problems. Many diseases including lupus can cause damage to almost every organ of the body and it can also be due to a severe undiagnosed infection which can cause all of these organ failures.

But as far as poisoning is concerned, it is certainly possible for poisoining to have caused your nephew's death. Various poisons can cause slow damage to the body's organs which can include arsenic, lead, mercury and other heavy metal poisons. Now as to how this can be diagnosed, this can be determined via the autopsy report. During the autopsy the doctor takes various samples from the organs and checks them for toxins of various types and if he was poisoned at all, it should be picked up on the autopsy report.

Has an autopsy been done? If so what was the report?

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/