Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

How possible is developing a sore throat, headache and a

Customer Question

How possible is developing a sore throat, headache and a cough with phlegm 8 weeks after Unknown HIV exposure as I do not know the persons status but I did have unprotected sex . I'm getting all kind of different info.. I never had a fever or swollen lymph nodes or a rash. The doctor diagnosed it as an upper respiratory infection and gave me a zpack.... then 2 weeks later the headache returned for a few days after traveling and possibly not drinking enough water...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,chances of HIV transmission from a single exposure are 1 in 1000.

And I would strongly recommend to undergo HIV 4th generation test to get conclusive results.

Symptoms of HIV can mimic with other viral infection and they can determine HIV infection.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How common are symptoms after 8 weeks?
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 2 months ago.

Approximately 80 percent of people who are infected with HIV experience flu-like symptoms within two to four weeks of becoming infected.

You should go for testing.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.