Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Woke up with swollen tongue. Can I take benadryl if I take…

Customer Question
Woke up with swollen...

Woke up with swollen tongue. Can I take benadryl if I take levothyroxine?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries. Just woke up tonight with swollen tongue.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Thyroidectomy is five weeks old.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/31/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,yes you can safely take Benadryl with Levothyroxine.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.