Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I take Norco at night that was prescribed by my Dr. I do a…

Customer Question
I take Norco at...

I take Norco at night that was prescribed by my Dr. I do a urine drug screen every 1-2 months. This lat time i did thge urine drug screen it came back positive with high amounts of THC. I do noit do drugs nor have i ever done thgem! How is this possible?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine drug screen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been with this Dr for years & she knows everything about me! I have nothing to hide at all

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

do you take ibuprofen or naproxen or aleve over the counter pain medications.

these can cause false positive for cannabis or TCH

I included an article about this.

any positive on screening tests needs to be confirmed with a MS/GC confirmatory test.

if you are not using marijuana, the confirmatory test will be negative

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com