Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the treatment for a fractured wrist. Ive had an

Customer Question
What is the treatment...

What is the treatment for a fractured wrist

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes ive had an xray. I was put on cephalexin 500 mg tid fior 10 days. also Lortab (30 tabs) prn

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take a bunch. allergic to several antibiotics

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have osteopiorosis

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/31/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you fractured your wrist

how old are you?

the treatments depend on how severe the fracture is and your ability to tolerate orthopedic wrist surgery.

are you icing your wrist to help decrease pain and inflammation

you should be elevating your wrist as well to decrease swelling

do you have an appointment to see an orthopedic wrist surgeon?