Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Unprotected sex on June 27th. Plan approx. 1 hour later.

Customer Question

Unprotected sex on June 27th. Plan b approx. 1 hour later. Period that last 5-7 days 3 days after. Took pregnancy tests on days 14,22,30,32 after sex. All negative. Having some early pregnancy symptoms like nausea, bloating, tiredness, maybe a slight fever sometimes, hands Start shaking. She has not been eating/drinking much at all for the past week. Eating makes her feel nauseous. All of these symptoms have been coming and going for the past few days. Can my girlfriend be pregnant?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Pregnancy is less likely by intercourse 3 days before period and she took plan B as well. The symptoms might be due to the plan B pill which results in hormonal changes causing such symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What about the pregnancy tests? Are they 100% accurate?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Most of the times they are accurate but home pregnancy tests are not 100 percent accurate. She can get a blood pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy completely.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. So even a test 22,30,and 32 days after sex would not be considered 100%?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Home pregnancy test is never considered 100 percent, possibility of false negative is always there.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What would you say the percent chance of me being pregnant is from what I have told you?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is 3 false negatives possible?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Its almost zero or 0.1 percent. 3 false negatives are not possible at different time intervals as you did.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That is what I was thinking. But these symptoms have confused/worried me. She said that she hasn't had any cramping or anything like she usually does before her period comes. Her period should come anytime now. She literally hasn't been eating or drinking hardly anything!! And when she does she starts feeling bad
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

This can be hormonal.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She has also been very emotional with mood swings and crying a lot
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What would be the cause of hormonal changes
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Plan B pill can be the cause.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would plan b cause these symptoms 34 days after taking it?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Yes it can..

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you think that is what is causing this? Are you sure that this is not from pregnancy?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

yes,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. How about the fact that she dipped the test in a cup or urine for 5 seconds? She used a first response test which is supposed to be the most sensitive one out there. The box says that you can dip it or pee directly on it.