Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What causes an enlarged heart and what needs to be done to…

Customer Question
What causes an enlarged...

What causes an enlarged heart and what needs to be done to reduce the size of the heart?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Overall, I have good health. Over the years, I have not gotten everyday kind of stuff, but have had quite a few off the rails health - e.g. bowel resection, 19 knee operations, a ruptured in my abdomen and the Medics couldn't find a heart beat (but I could hear them), I have A-Fib (over 25 yrs now), and so forth

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

First, I meant 10 knee operations (not 19). I have had H Poliere (sp?), and various other things but not near death stuff

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/30/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a copy of your echo?

how old are you?