Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I take Methocarbam 750, and Tramadol HCL 50mg as needed for

Customer Question

I take Methocarbam 750, and Tramadol HCL 50mg as needed for chronic back pain. Is there a better treatment regimen? I was diagnosed as having degenerative bone disease upon discharge from the military many years ago.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Seemingly No predictive behavior brings on the, sometimes yard work, sometimes during the night the pain begins.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not pertaining to this issue.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how much back pain do you have when you take your Methocarbam and Tramadol?

have you worked on weight loss to help take pressure off of your back?

eating healthier and less carbs and sugars and alcohol and eating more protein and fruits and vegetables could help you loose weight which can help your back pain.

you can also ask for a Lidocaine 5% Lidoderm patch for your back to see if that helps your back pain.

you can also try a TENs unit for your back as well.

you can try icing your back and using heating pads as well

you can also try acupuncture for your back pain

and stretching and yoga could help as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pain is quite intense for a period of time before I take any thing other than ibuprofen. Yes, I need to loose weight, when not hampered by pain I walk 20-25 miles a week.

I see

you can add ibuprofen with food in your stomach to your current regimen if it helps.

you can try a tens unit and back acupuncture and ice packs and heating pads and see if they help

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com