Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

For past 3 weeks, burning pain under right breast constant.

Customer Question

For past 3 weeks, burning pain under right breast constant. Gets worse after eating food. Better if just thin liquids. Had ultra sound on gall bladder, pancreas, liver, kidney. Blood test, x rays and cat scan of intestines all done in ER. Followed up by my doctor and is puzzled.Thought might be shingles without rash. Had shingles shot last fall. Not constipated.Set appt for gastro but can't see til Aug 17th. Very painful and concerned. Any other suggestions. On pain medicine Hydrocod/Acetam 5-325.
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: No specimin only tests at ER and primary doctor adding "shingles" med to pain med.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have arthritis and have had both knees replaced, right hip replaced and recalled with 2nd surgery due to cobalt poisoning which went into my heart and had to have a pace maker. My blood pressure is normally 110/70.I have had my right shoulder redone due to multiple falls from right hip giving way.I am 76 yrs old and work full time as pre-school teacher which keeps me pretty active 55 hours a week. Not sure if any of this helps. Just saw this ad and thought I would try for more advice
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. Would like some additional info on that.

Does it feel like a superficial pain or deeper as in within your upper abdomen ?

How severe is it on the scale of 10? Does it seem to radiate/ travel anywhere? Anything that seems to help? Do you think taking food really worsens it?

Do you have acidity issues? Get full sooner?

Have you been on regular pain relief for arthritis?