Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I inhaled bleach from drano yesterday and still am having…

Customer Question
Hi, I inhaled bleach from...
Hi, I inhaled bleach from drano yesterday and still am having shortness of breathm stinging eyes and major headache and coughing. Can bleach cause permanent side effects, I should have been fine by now I would think. I got plenty of fresh air afterwards as well.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/30/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

No, this won't cause any permanent damage to your lungs or any other organs

But you obviously have what's called a chemical bronchitis from the inhalation

This will resolve in another day or two but the best option would be to see your doctor for an exam and a short course of prescription prednisone to clear up the inflammation.

Please let me know if you need any more information