Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Am 58 years old gay and i like to take birth control pills

Customer Question

hi am 58 years old gay and i like to take birth control pills for women as male to female hormone therapy replacement
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: am diabetic type 2 but conrtolled with metamorfin and sitagliptin i take concor5 in the morning and 2.5 in the afternoon and the reason not that i am hypertensive but to control my heart rate as i had paroxismal atriel fibrilation due to stress before 10 years and it never recurred for the last 8 years i also take cardio aspirin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not really my kidney functions test is normal
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I only want to pay $5 this is misleading from you to ask another $38
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

May I assume your question is regarding any harmful side effects of birth control pills?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Was my assumption correct? If so, continued use of female hormones will decrease your testosterone, can cause erectile dysfunction. Should not affect your heart, unless you are taking large amounts (exceeding one pill every 24 hours). Will not affect your diabetes. So, the use of female hormones should not cause you any significant medical harm.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

How are you feeling today?