Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I started having upper left sided abdominal pain last night

Customer Question

I started having upper left sided abdominal pain last night with belching and indigestion. I still feel some discomfort and tenderness. The belching continues. Any idea what this is?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It's lasted about 9 hours. Nothing really seems to help.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

You are most likely suffering from gastritis that is inflammation of the stomach causing these symptoms. Usually it i caused by smoky, spicy, fatty meals. I would recommend you to take prilosec 10mg available over the counter, take lots of fluids, and avoid spicy and oily foods.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am worried this is pancretisis
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

In case pain is severe radiating to back and accompanied by nausea, vomiting then pancreatitis is a possibility. It is best if you can have a physical examination by your doctor for reassurance and to rule out pancreatitis.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.