Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] SO embarrassing. I was doing a water enema…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi. SO embarrassing...
Second opinion] Hi. SO embarrassing. I was doing a water enema and the tip came off inside. I do not know if it passed in my stool but I did not see it. I'm so freaked out.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/30/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are concerned about having a foreign body in your rectum. Are you having pain/pressure/bleeding in your rectum? If not, then you did pass it with your stool. However, if you are having pain/pressure/bleeding, you did retain the tip and it needs to be removed so no damage happens to your rectum. May I suggest a visit to an Urgent Care Center, but only if you have symptoms.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

No bleeding and no real pain or pressure outside my normal IBS. Although my rear-end was a little sore earlier from me trying to push for an hour like I was in labor.

Thank you for your response. I am confident that you do not have the tip still in your rectum. If so, you would have continued pain and bleeding. You most likely passed the tip with your bowel movement and just didn't see it and it got flushed. Something like this can be scary.

Have I adequately responded to your concerns?

How are you feeling?