Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have very smelly bowls and gas all the time not matter…

Customer Question
I have very smelly...

I have very smelly bowls and gas all the time not matter what I eat I went to see my internist and she did a stool test and found not issues

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

She gave me tindenzole for five days which helped and I was ok for three weeks but now again I have the same issue

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I have had a very healthy medical history no issues

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/30/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I think there is some imbalance of normal bacteria living in your bowel causing this problem. I would recommend you to add lots of probiotics, yogurt and buttermilk in your diet as they help restore the normal bacteria. You should get tested for celiec disease as well to rule out malabsorption. You can repeat a course of tinidazole.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.