Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

It's been almost 10 days and I haven't had a vowel, bowel…

Customer Question
It's been almost 10...

It's been almost 10 days and I haven't had a vowel

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Bowel movement , tried miralax and a sapository yesterday and today. Only a little came out. Experiencing sever stomach pains

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Both 9 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My doctor over prescriped me, was on 8xanex a day and 6 Ativan , seroqil and neurontin ... I have bipolar taking lithium and have detoxes down to 1.5 Valium no zanex

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are constipated.

you should keep using the miralax daily and keep using the fleet suppository twice a day

and drink more water and fluids and gadorade

if you are dehydrated, the miralax and suppositories don't work as well.

you should do the miralax and suppositories twice a day until you get your bowels to move.

It says once a dau
It says once a day on the package

well, it is not working for you

you are still constipated.

so I would use it twice a day until you fix your constipation

can you drink more fluids and gadorade?

but does it have something to do with the detox? In the past this regimen has worked
What would a the hospital do?

at the hospital, they would give you IV fluids and can also order fleet enemas and miralax

a nurse can also help dis-impact you with a gloved finger and some lubricant to help get your stools to start moving.

most likely your detox and taper down on your valium and xanax is not causing this constipation issue.

Ok thanks

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com