Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 52 years old a overall very healthy female last couple…

Customer Question
I am 52 years old...
I am 52 years old a overall very healthy female last couple months I can't seem to eat anything without feeling full quickly extremely bloated and the most horrific heart burn to the point of throwing up and it burns so bad.
I also have noticed gasping for air while sleeping like one snore but it's not it wakes my up and I feel
Like I can't breatheAny suggestions??
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms. they sound severe.

you could be having some early hiatal hernia which can occur when your stomach gets pushed up into your chest

the stomach is where food first goes after the esophagus

what is your height and weight?

have you tried over the counter stomach acid reducing agents like zantac, prilosec? maalox, mylanta? these could help

loosing weight and improving your abdominal core muscle strength could help as well

I am quite fit - 5'7" 130 lbs and exercise all the time
I have been taking mylanta and it does help for a while as soon as I eat I am back to agony

that is good you are exercising

certain foods like tomato sauces, spicy foods, onions, fried foods, alcohol, sodas, black pepper can cause worse stomach acid

you should try some of the over the counter stomach acid reducing agents like zantac (ranitidine) 150mg which you can take during the day

and prilosec (omerpazole) 20mg which you can take 30-60 minutes before dinner

avoid eating close to bed time

but you should make an appointment to see your doctor for more testing

you may benefit from an upper endoscopy scope procedure to look down into your stomach.

It used to be just spicy foods but now it's anything and any time of the day - however I do dred lying down it's not fun
Right now I am losing weight like crazy cause o can't eat at all and I am a fanatic about eating healthy

it sounds like bad gastritis, and bad acid reflux.

try the over the counter agents which are stronger than mylanta.

and make an appointment to see your doctor.

it sounds like you need to see a GI specialist as well.

you may need testing for H Pylori bacteria in your stomach

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Ok thank you for the information!!!

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

do you have any other questions?