Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

AST (SGOT) is 200! scared as I've not been drinking and want…

Customer Question
AST (SGOT) is 200...

AST (SGOT) is 200! scared as I've not been drinking and want to know why it is so high?! I see my PCP on Tuesday next week but VA does give lab results beforehand.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Weight loss, nausea, no appetite.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She knows everything.. at one point she had me on all these different vitamins so to speak but i was unable to tolerate swallowing all those pills. eventually she told me to just get the flinstones vitamins with iron and the gummy vitamin D.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not necessarily allergic to meds except the narcotics which make me throw up.I take 3 blood pressure meds every day along with the vitamins.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
7/29/2017
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Did you drink alcohol Before? How much and how many years?