Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I recently took Cipro as prescribed fro ulcerative colitis.

Customer Question

I recently took Cipro as prescribed fro ulcerative colitis. Several days after stopping the medication I had severe pain in both shoulders and both hips. My dr gave me a Prednisone 10 day treatment. The pain stopped while taking the Prednisone. Several days later it came back, and it is progressively worse as each day goes by. My dr is not helping me and I fear I will soon be unable to walk due to the severe pain in my hips.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Allergic to penicillin, sulfa, codeine. Take three blood pressure meds, Cymbalta, naproxen for arthritis in my back, Lortab for severe back pain due to herniated disks and arthritis
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am not sur, nothing related to these side effects though.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

did he test you for anything else?