Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have never had tinnitus my whole life till I left work.

Customer Question
I have never had...

I have never had tinnitus my whole life till I left work. all of a sudden I had LOUD screeches and lower humms, etc. It is like someone forced this on me and have been doing it for at least four yrs.I have been an ENT and they are not helping. It is like someone is trying to give me dementia with this constant abuse, Would you have any workable answers, PLEASE!!!!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

NO COLDS OR FLU. i BELIEVE THIS STARTED APPRX FOUR YRS AGO

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

COUPLE MONTHS AGO IT FELT LIKE MY HEAD EXPLODED FROM THE INSIDE, SERIOUSLY. MY EARS PLUGGED, MY SKULL FELT EXPANDED,JAW SEPERATED AND SINCE IT TOOK WEEKS TO SETTLE BACK. hEADACHES NOW COME AND GO AND HEAD FEELS HEAVY. FAMILY DR DID CT AND SAID all looks ok, but I beg to differ from all the symptoms.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/29/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

The CT is objective. If there is nothing on it there is nothing on it.

MRI picks up things that CT misses, but there is a long list of causes of tinnitus.

We do not replace your doctor, diagnose or treat here. We only answer questions.

First, I have some questions for you:

What diagnosis is your ENT doctor using: why did he say you have tinnitus: he must have a diagnosis to bill, even if it is idiopthic tinnitus [cause unknown], or is he saying something else?