Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got diareherra 3 days ago, and my poo is a dark leading…

Customer Question
Hey there i got...

Hey there i got diareherra 3 days ago , and my poo is a dark green leading into it i had a couple of days, where my water intake was low and a i swaolled some freshwater lake water

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you think

The green bowel motions are due to increased movements of the intestines. This does not let the bile salts to get enough time to be digested. Please read this;

http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/green-stool/basics/causes/sym-20050708

Following measures are likely to be helpful or diarrhea:

1) PeptoBismol

2) Lomotil; may only be given if the diarrhea is vigorous.

3) Gatorade / Pedialyte

4) Plenty of fluids

5) BRAT diet; banana, rice, applesauce, toast. Vegetable broths / vegetable soups, coconut water also can help.

6) Probiotics

The primary aim is prevention of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If the diarrhea loss of fluids is too much or you are unable to drink enough liquids; you may need antibiotics and / or intravenous fluids. In that case you may need to got to ER.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.