DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have developed very sore hands and fingers over the last

Customer Question

Hello. I have developed very sore hands and fingers over the last 3/4 weeks. They keep me awake at night . The pain and stiffness in my hands is constant. I am a 74 year old man. I also have some pain in my jaw. Is this related? Thankyou.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: The soreness is constant. I notice it more when I am not using my hands. My general health I suppose is normal though I do get soreness and tight ness in the back of my legs also.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I spoke to my local Doctor who talked about eating salmon and tuna but made no real suggestion for getting ride of the pain which I assume is arthritus. I have recently bought some red quill capsuls which I have been using for over a week.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your health

This seems like an inflammatory arthritis

The reason could be a viral infection or more chronic arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis or a seronegative arthropathy

You should start taking an anti inflammatory like advil and make an appointment with your doctor for examination

You should have an ESR/CRP,Rheumatoid factor,anti-CCP antibodies and imaging of the hands to establish a diagnosis

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you require any further clarification

If you are satisfied then do leave a POSITIVE RATING (preferably 5 stars) so that I may be credited for my work

Regards