Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am wanting to delay my period for trip and I'm on the

Customer Question
I am wanting to...

I am wanting to delay my period for trip and I'm on the mirena

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Trip is August 17

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
7/29/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

There is a drug you can take called norethisterone. You need 5mg three times per day starting five days before your period. You can continue taking it till you do not want period. Once you stop you will bleed about 48 hours later.
Since you have IUD in situ there is a small risk of slightly increased bleeding, when you stop the Norethisterone, but there is otherwise no contraindication.
You should consult your primary care doctor and your doctor may want to prescribe this medication.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor