Following measures would be helpful for pinched nerves in neck, which is by far most common and which aggravates on movements;
1) Neck care in the activities of daily living.
a) No working on computer for more than half an hour in a single stretch. Same for TV.
b) Monitors and televisions exactly in front (180 degrees).
c) Contour pillow: Should fill the hollow when lying on back or straight. Available over the counter.
2) Cervical Collar or Brace
3) Cervical traction
4) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen
5) Some physicians do give oral steroids in severe radiculopathy cases, in whom pain is quite significant.
6) Physical therapy: gradually increasing exercises from passive stretching to active against resistance regime.
7) Electrotherapy in the form of TENS, interferential and laser and ultrasound.
8) Hot fomentation
9) Local analgesic patch / ointment / spray
She may consult following specialists;
c) MD in Physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.
Wishing you all the very best in life.