Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having what i believe is acid reflux for quite…

Customer Question
Hi, I've been having...

Hi, I've been having what i believe is acid reflux for quite some time. My symptoms are worstening to the point where I'm almost constantly uncomfortable. This is all the time, not just after I eat. I am very healthy and steer clear of gluten, lactose (with the exception of some hard cheeses and yogurt), processed foods, soda, etc... I workout everyday and treat my body with care. It feels like my body is pushing up air from my ribs and out my mouth. I have no burning or foul taste...just feels like im constantly burping. This is getting worse. I am a 28yr old female, 5'0" 125lbs. Thank you for your help! These symtpoms are particularly bad when my migraines act up!

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Episodic About every few weeks, lately almost one a week No nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that i can think of Thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
7/29/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have bad acid reflux.

have you tried any over the counter stomach acid reducers like zantac, prilosec? you can try these to see if they help

you should also make an appointment with a primary care doctor

and get more testing.

you may have to see a GI specialist for testing.